ASU is ranked #3 nationally in Supply Chain Management and #1 in Innovation. But her amazing education isn't the only reason you should hire her. Take a look:
When the rest of the world was reeling from the housing and economic recession, Jessica Bear built her own Interior Design Business-- Jessica Bear Interior Design LLC . She went toe-to-toe with architects and designers 20 years her senior in board room and in private bids--and won! Jessica Bear Interior Design LLC was successful business for 10 years and a means of great support for Jessica and her family while she worked from home raising her 3 children. Her key skill from this business venture are:
· Collaboration: Teamed up with hospital executives and business analysts to create renovation parameters, present design plans to faculty, and bid on clinic and specialty rooms to alleviate depression and anxiety for patients.
· Project Management: lead designer and manager of a variety of 20+ interior design projects ranging from $5M+ specialty hospital clinics, to hospice corporate offices, to private apartment buildings, to residential renovations and new-build construction sites.
· Client Management: Served as point of contact for all clients, project manager tasked with coordinating all contractors and subcontractors, and lead as the principle interior designer in project procurement, crafting all initial architectural/design elements, sourcing all finishes and furniture, drafting initial floor plans/elevations/specifications, and complete installation inspections with final approval of all finished spaces. Drafted and managed fixed price contracts, competitive bidding, contract change orders, contract negotiations, administration and adherence, specifications compliance, and subcontractor negotiations.
· Integrity: 80% repeat-customer and personal referral rate (high for design industry) due to high over-all-satisfaction, courtesy follow-up appointments, free initial consultations, weekly project updates, prompt and professional communication, and refined design talent.
To compensate for the "feast and famine" of the design industry, Jessica started and maintained a thriving multi-family real estate company-- Bear Holdings. Her primary role included acquisition management, cost management, procurement, customer service, community coordinator/volunteer, and asset management. Statistics of this business include:
· Investment apartments boast 98% occupant rate.
· $150k flip sale.
· A 1300% ROI.
This lady loves her community. Currently she is a volunteer art and art history teacher to K and 4th graders at her local elementary school (on top of motherhood, MBA, and being a Graduate Assistant!). While managing Bear Holdings, she and her husband frequently sponsored single-parent families and were strong community partners against human- and drug trafficking. Jessica Bear served briefly as a state representative in Utah from 2012-2013 and actively spoke out for the greater need in women and children services. Since then she frequently volunteers and donates to local women and children's shelters (Gilbert's House of Refuge and Logan's CAPSA are her favorites).
Jessica Bear is a team member and a team leader. She is a favorite in board rooms and construction sites because she maintains an honest, transparent, and vigilant work ethic in a pleasant, polite way. She values other people's time and money and prides herself in staying under budget and on-time with win-win solutions for everyone.
In a global economy when money could drive the discussion, you can count on Jessica Bear to place people first. Her career change was largely in part to provide an larger community impact that was fair to workers, local markets, and the families the industries touch while providing better for the evolving needs of her family. She has high standards and set priorities.
"Jessica did such a great job designing what I wanted for our home. She has a gift for color matching and I absolutely love the paint colors and her interior design. I couldn't have have achieved our kitchen and living room transformation without her help." - Sandy E.
“Jessica is amazing! My husband and I did not know what types of design we liked. She was able to teach us about different styles of design and mesh our style preferences together into something we both love. She is a well educated interior designer, has great people skills, and is pleasant to work with. I would highly recommend her!!!”- Annie S.
“Jess has been a real pleasure to work with. We put in a new kitchen and great room and were really concerned about colors, lighting, style, tile work and creating a hearth. Jess listened to my ideas and guided me into creating a beautiful space that I love! A space that feels like home. She has an exceptional eye for color and knows how to create a balance between the latest trends and lasting style.” – Deborah G
Jessica Bear is a published and award-winning designer with an impressive portfolio ranging from the strict-coded and complex Cache Valley Dialysis Center to a whimsically French and golden powder room. She is quiet, assertive, upbeat and well grounded - a favorite on the construction site as well as in board rooms. A graduate from the BYU-I heavily accredited design program (ASID, NICDQ, NKBA), and former designer for Towne Interiors (Missoula, Mt) and Architectural Nexus (Logan, Ut), Jess started her own home business in 2009 to be more available to her family. She is currently earning her MBA in Supply Chain Management From ASU W.P. Carey School of Business with a second concentration in Business Analytics and a specialization in Sustainability. She is happily married with three children in the East Valley of Arizona.
"Alleviating Anxiety and Depression Through Design" Hosptial Spotlight for Logan Regional Diaylsis Center.
Keynote speaker: The science behind good design.
Grant winner for Unique Marketing Plan: "Success Lessons from... Jessica Bear".
Monday - Saturday: By Appointment